Canadian Cheese: A Guide, Second Edition
Most of us are intimidated in front of the cheese case with so many varieties to choose from. We end up buying the same familiar cheese even when we set out to try something new. Yet, new Canadian cheeses emerge all the time! Canadian Cheese: A Guide is a reference to some of the newest, best and most popular.
Canadian Cheese: A Guide is a comprehensive reference to some of the newest, best and most popular of Canadian cheeses. New and updated sections, content and photographs include:
- concise tasting notes for 225 artisan cheeses from coast to coast
- what’s on your cheese board—Canadian cheese professionals share their favorites
- wine and beer pairing suggestions
- tasting notes for Old World cheeses that have influenced New World Canadian styles
- cheese ladder of appreciation suggestions: if you like this cheese… try this one
- how to taste cheese like a pro
- author and cheesemaker anecdotes
- useful information on buying and serving cheese.
The author shares her insights on such popular cheese topics as raw milk cheese, discerning quality, whether to eat the rind (or not), cheesemaking and ingredients.
Canadian Cheese: A Guide promises to add excitement to readers’ appetites for cheese. It helps make sense of the many cheeses available at grocery stores, cheese boutiques and fromageries, and helps to break the pattern of buying the same, familiar cheese.
Professionally renowned for her work in furthering artisan and specialty cheese in the U.S. and Canada, Kathy Guidi founded the first full curriculum cheese appreciation school, Cheese Education Guild in North America and is a founding member of the Cheese Professional Certification Program run by American Cheese Society. Consultant to numerous cheese producers, trade organizations and consulates during a 40-year career, Kathy continues to influence and lead the domestic and international cheese world through her in-depth training and interactive cheese tasting
To Order Your Copy