Cheese Appreciation Level 2
Cheese Appreciation Level 2 builds upon the knowledge gained in the pre-requisite course Cheese Appreciation Level 1. The emphasis in this course is on New World Cheese and the issues it must deal with to develop and to fine tune the craft of cheesemaking from New Zealand to Canada.
You will discover that New World Cheeses are just as exciting and delicious as New World Wines.
New World Regions : (U.S., Australia, Canada, Mexico, South America)
- Considerations for a North American PDO
- Regulatory and trade issues
- Raw vs. pasteurized by region*
- Industrial vs. Artisan*
- Organic and Biodiverse Dairy Agriculture
Developing a Cheese Vocabulary
- The affinage process*
- Animal pedigree and well being
- Geographic influences of regions*
- Continued cheese category discovery*
- Cheese regulations and standards
- Importance / effect of milk quality*
- Technology in milk treatment & effect*
* Indicates tasting component will be incorporated into the discussion.
Next Scheduled Course: Cheese Appreciation 2
There are no classes scheduled at this time.
Cost: $575.00 + HST (74.75) = $649.75
(includes class, cheese, workshop materials, testing and certificate)
Prerequisite: Cheese Appreciation 1
Duration: 24 hours (3 hours x 8 weeks)
Class size: Maximum 25 people.
Result: Certificate of Achievement